A reserved matters application for Phase 1 of the
development at North Stoneham Park was submitted to Eastleigh Borough Council
on the 31st January 2017 following extensive pre-application
discussions with Council officers and key consultees. In its submitted form, this application sought
permission for the construction of 564 dwellings and public open space with
associated landscaping, drainage and car parking.
Following submission of the application, detailed comments were received from key stakeholders during the statutory period of consultation undertaken by the Council. The scheme has evolved in response to these comments with a suite of amended plans and documents submitted to Eastleigh Borough Council on 26th April 2017 and 5th May 2017.
Full details are provided in the submitted drawings and reports (in particular, see the Design and Access Statement Addendum, Design Code (rev A) and the Planning and Affordable Housing Statement), all available to download and view via the Council’s website:
Key amendments to the scheme include:
· A reduction in the total number of dwellings from 564 to 560.
· Refinement of character areas throughout incorporating a review of elevational treatments and materials to enhance streetscenes and improve legibility.
· Provision of additional pedestrian and cycle linkages to the school land in the south which will be brought forward as part of a future phase of development.
· Removal of a number of FOGs (Flats Over Garages).
· An overall increase in the number of visitor parking spaces throughout, particularly in areas close to public open space.
· Provision of additional landscaping.
· Enhancements to the Avenue Park public open space to balance recreational, historic, landscape and biodiversity requirements.
· Further safeguarding of veteran trees.
· Increased garden sizes.
· Refinement of street surfaces to clearly define roads, parking spaces and shared surfaces.
The project team have maintained an ongoing dialogue with stakeholders during the lifetime of this planning application, effectively responding to comments through the submission of amendments. The application will go before the Eastleigh Local Area Committee for consideration on Tuesday 23rd May 2017.